Best practice for GitHub¶
This section discusses best practice for using the GitHub website. Best practice for using git itself is in another section.
See the corresponding subsection in the product/component hierarchy section.
When creating a new repository, follow the following checklist:
- The repository is named
- The "admins" team has been given admin permissions.
- The "developers" team has been given write permissions.
- The "droids" team has been given read or write permissions as appropriate.
masterbranch is protected:
- Pull requests require reviews.
- Status checks must pass.
- Include administrators in the restrictions.